Privacy and Security
"We", "our" or "us" means StewMoo Design Ltd trading as James Steward, Sovereign House, 51 High Street, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6LR.
For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of your personal data that you share with us. James Steward is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal data in compliance with data protection law.
If you have any questions about this notice, about how we process personal data or about your rights over your personal data, you should contact Hannah Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Sovereign House, 51 High Street, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6LR.
This notice applies to any personal data we receive from you, create or obtain from other sources and explains how it will be used by us. It is important that you take the time to read this notice so that you understand how we will use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
Personal data that we collect about you
We will collect and use the following personal data about you:
Information you give us
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail, face to face or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, payment information, UK dress size, personal measurements (bespoke) along with any specific memorable function dates i.e. weddings/anniversaries.
- You must ensure that in respect of any information you provide us with, which does not relate to you (for example, information about friends), you have obtained the necessary consent in order to disclose such information and provided the individual to whom the information relates with a copy of this notice.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly face to face for your expressed consent (opt-in) or whether you want to sign up to our email newsletter confirming that 'you' would like to be contacted with the latest news and offers from James Steward by email. To receive this newsletter you must opt-in by providing us with your email address.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you.
To stop receiving our newsletter you can unsubscribe by replying to the newsletter and add 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line. Alternatively you can contact us at any time, by emailing email@example.com or mailing us at: Sovereign House, 51 High Street, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6LR.
Information we collect or generate about you
- Website Usage Information – Our website uses Shopify Analytics to automatically gather certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors and their IP addresses. This information is used as aggregated statistical information about users, providing usage by IP address. This information helps us to measure how individuals use the website and our services, so that we can continually improve them.
- We generate data for statistical analysis.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Information we receive from other sources
- Social Media Profile – Where you have clicked through one of our promotions or event notices posted on a third party social media website such as Instagram/Facebook/Twitter, we will receive your contact information provided under the consent settings you have agreed with these external social media providers. Some of this information may be prepopulated based on your social media profile; other parts may be completed by you, as and when requested.
To protect your personal information, we take precautions and follow best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed or altered.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data may be used by us in the following ways:
Products & Services
- to provide you with information, products or services that you may request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements you enter into with us;
- to make payments;
- where we are permitted to do so, to send promotional information about our products and services via methods such as e-mail, post, telephone, etc.; and
- in order to identify and offer you tailored products and services that are suitable for you and improve our service.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
- taking steps (at your request) prior to entering into an agreement with you, and subsequently for the administration and performance of our agreement with you;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and / or for the purpose of (or in connection with) legal proceedings; and
- the use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests which are:
- enforcing the terms and conditions of any agreement we have with you;
- the recovery of outstanding debts existing under an agreement with you;
- for statistical analysis to improve our products and services; or
- You may object to this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to Sovereign House, 51 High Street, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6LR
Sharing your personal data
If you transact with us through our website: Shopify Store
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
How long we keep your personal data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to store your personal data.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we process your personal data pursuant to our legitimate business interests. Please note that there may be circumstances where you object to our processing of your personal data but may be legally entitled to refuse that request;
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/
We are registered in the UK and our registered address is at Sovereign House, 51 High Street, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6LR and our company registration number is 09964791.
Write to us at our address: Sovereign House, 51 High Street, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6LR
By telephone: 07468 572378
By e-mail: email@example.com